Saturday, July 26, 2014

My First Experience of Contacting with American Police

On the morning of 22nd of July, when Richy mentioned we might hire a car and drive ourselves when we travel in the west of America, I suddenly realized I hadn't seen my driver's license for some days. I went to check my backpack immediately. But unfortunately, I didn't found it in it. I racked my brains and remembered I might lost it in Victoria Secret Store in Westfield Mall because I took it out and showed my ID card which was inserted into the little plastic handbook holding my driver's license to the salesgirl that day. So I decided to go to the store at once. I asked Richy to ask absence leave from Siggy for me that morning. Then I went out to catch O bus. After waiting at the bus stop near our rented apartment for nearly 50 minutes, I finally caught one 05 bus. And after taking the bus for nearly an hour, I finally got to Westfield Mall. I ran to the famous women's underwear store and asked the manager if she had seen my lost credentials. The manager unlocked the drawer which they use to keep lost things. But to my great disappointment, she said she didn't find my lost credentials. So I had to go back since I had to attend the afternoon seminar. After another another hour's bus drive, I came back to my apartment at almost 12:45 pm. I had my lunch in a hurry and went to attend the afternoon seminar. After the seminar, on my way to our apartment, I decided to report my situation to Yale police because the Yale police Department is quite near our apartment. I went into the police department, and a police woman came out and she invited me into an information room in which I reported my situation to her. After learning my situation, she immediately called the Westfield police station to see if any one had reported any lost to it. But no one reported any lost. She then took out her small memo and wrote down my personal information and my present trouble. And she told me if my credentials turn up in any of the police station, she might inform me. At last, she wrote down the phone numbers of Victoria Secret Store and Westfield police station on a small piece of paper, and also gave me her personal name card. She told me that I could call either of the numbers and I could also call her or email her about my lost credentials. I later found that he kind and patient police woman is called Grace Schenkle. Thank you Grace! No matter I could find my lost credentials or nor, I should thank you for your patience and conscientiousness.  


                            





The following picture is the information room in Yale Police Department in which I reported my situation to Grace. 









In the following picture, one piece of paper is the telephone numbers Grace wrote me and the other is the name card Grace gave me in case I might need to contact her. 





No comments:

Post a Comment